When asked about Human Resources the first thing which comes to our minds is “hiring people”. But in reality, this term is much wider than our imagination. It includes activities like recruitment, selection, training, and development, performance appraisal, addressing employee’s grievances, etc. We practice human resources in our day-to-day life and that quality of managing people can be seen in us. So to enrich that quality and to make it a source of pursuing our passion and career the best way is to opt for human resources specialization. Human Resource Specialization provides both general as well as technical knowledge and skills so that they are able to pursue their career in a human resource management function in organizations. HR is one of the hottest selling courses in management colleges as there is a great scope in terms of job opportunities, as people here not only get a challenging job of understanding human beings but also they are highly paid.
It’s the responsibility of an HR manager to look after the recruitment and selection process, giving diverse benefits, highest salaries, and perks to employees on the basis of their capabilities, transferring them from one job to another to get rid of monotonous work life and many more.
Reasons behind selecting Human Resources –
- Job Diversity- Studying HR as a specialization would benefit students as they will get an advantage to explore various career options in human resources and in other fields as well. And they will get to learn new things every day in the process of handling the workforce.
- Promising Prospects– Many studies have shown that jobs in HR have become highly valuable as companies are in search of promising and highly talented fresh graduates who understand the practical world better. For that top companies are offering high packages.
- Healthy Paycheck– HR managers should be highly responsible and they are rewarded for their responsibility and work. In their job, they get an opportunity to work along with people at a higher level like CEOs and senior managers. If you have the caliber to work with people like CEOs then it is best for you.
- Making a Difference- HR manager is equipped with the tool to get a difference in the lives of people. They have the power to turn an unsuccessful organization into a successful one. By following an open-door policy to facilitate employees in sharing their grievances, providing them support, having healthy communication, etc. Those who don’t want to have busy and hectic life of corporates can go to NGOs and charities for contributing to society
Jobs available in Human Resources
- Training and Development Manager- in this job the manager is responsible for formulating various training programs to improve employees’ skills and abilities. Also, they need to analyze its benefit to the organization by evaluating the programs offered by the organization.
- Nonprofit HR Professional- here the person takes into account the human aspects and provides various health and education benefits, etc.
- IT Personnel Recruiting Specialist– Recruitment, selection, interview, and placing technical talent at the right place.
- Global HR Specialist– their work is to identify promising candidates and sending them overseas for a new job opportunity. They hire a workforce internationally.
- Executive Recruiter- Identifying the job positions available at the top level of hierarchy in the organization and filling them with experienced employees who are capable of handling all the verticals
HR managers should have a basic knowledge of all areas and fields as they may get a job of hiring an IT person, marketer, finance professional, etc. Students who have the characteristics of understanding and managing people, addressing employees’ job-related problems, and those who have abilities to judge performance in a fair and unbiased manner can go for Human Resources specialization to make their future bright.