International Business, simply put, is doing business beyond the international borders. As technology advances, trade barriers come down and competition heats up, the demand for people who know how to operate in a global economy is stronger than ever. Therefore, one can say that choosing International Business as a specialization would be extremely fruitful for students. International Business major helps to inculcate the skills to do business in the markets all over the globe and students get to learn about the characteristics of multinational organizations’ strategic plans as well as foreign business practices.
Why go for International Business?
In this volatile global business and economic environment, learning business from an international point of view is essential for students who are ambitious to work across international boundaries.
- It will help you gain a competitive edge over other prospects: Working across various cultures and countries is vital for the survival of most organizations. It would encourage a business to obtain foreign exchange that can be utilized to import goods from the global market.
- It would be an opportunity for you to work with a diverse set of people: It allows you to work in an environment which is culturally diverse. It would help you connect with people from around the globe and explore different cultures and lifestyles.
- A Global Outlook: If you are someone who cannot limit themselves to a particular job, career, perspective and the idea of life, then studying International Business is just the right option for you!
- Your chance to travel the world: Have you always dreamed of going around the globe? In the field of International business, you’ll be getting an opportunity to travel quite frequently. Sounds cool! Right? Well taking this major would be a perfect start to it!
How to know if this major is the right fit for you?
Students who are fascinated by other cultures and have a liking for numbers should consider specializing in International Business. This specialization would be able to use creative problem solving to build strategies for specific economies, develop cultural awareness and sensitivity and become skilled negotiators and public speakers. If you are planning to start your own business, International Business major will definitely help it to go global. One can indulge in import/export of goods only when he/she has a good knowledge of the global market. International Business major would certainly give you a deeper insight on how the trade between countries work. Adaptability, ambition and openness may also be useful traits for International Business majors. Apart from this, if you are an individual who loves to travel and explore new cultures and places, then you might get a lot of opportunities to fulfill your dream.
What are the job opportunities for students who major in International Business?
International business is one such career program which offers a wide scope for building a career in international and transnational corporations. Students majoring in IB can be a part of the private as well as the government sectors. This specialization would provide a great opportunity to work in global markets. Some job titles of this career prospective are:
- International Business Development Manager
- Export Coordinator
- International Marketing Manager
- Investment Banking Manager
- International Business Manager
- International Finance Manager
- Global Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Human Resources Manager
- Policy Analyst
And much much more! Apart from the wide career prospects it offers, this area provides a good opportunity to earn handsome salaries. It also gives you more opportunity to get a job abroad and earn a foreign income.
If this information interests you, you must channel your inner Columbus and get ready to take on the world of International Business! Find out more about it on 19th April, 2021 at the Carve a Niche initiative taken by the Mentoring Cell of SCMS NOIDA.